cre8in

Sunday, July 22, 2007

True Love

this post was one I was thinking about after finally getting my hands on HP7!! * it took long enough! *

After hearing a friend that she hopes her hubby realizes how much she loves him, letting him read the HP7 first I decided to post this...

hee hee.... I feel the same way about letting my son read it before I've finished. TRUE LOVE!! =)

here's how it is in our house...

I read ch.1, then handed the book (that was difficult, but I had agreed to it) to my 11 yo for 30 minutes... then I read again...
then hubby came home with our daughter (9)... they were out scootering & skateboarding and having the best of daddy-daughter time...,

I was reading, and chuckling aloud... and after hubby's comments of "not fair".. I asked if he wanted to read too... "'OF COURSE!" was his reply... so I gracefully handed the book over to him (after I finished the chapter!)

he read a little.. we ate dinner... the boy grabbed the book and started reading again... the girl got a bath, with the promise that I'd read a little to her before bed... We have always read Harry Potter out loud, and so we continue with this last installment.

SO I read one chapter to the girl... Continued reading a to myself.... handed the book over to the boy, with the stipulation that he not stay up too late reading... we told him 10 pm, but then let him read 'just one more chapter.. PLEASE!!" okay, go ahead, kid... "ALRIGHT!" =)

Hubby and I watched Premonition with Sandra Bullock... I thought it was a movie with potential, but sadly unfulfilled.
Then I read another chapter and headed off to bed.

Hubby stayed up late drawing....

and I woke this morning planning to eat and read and the boy has the book in his hot little hands... the nerve of him! =)

Actually, I'm reminded of the first time the boy admitted guiltily that he didn't actually go to bed on time but stayed up with a flashlight and HP5 under his covers .... We had been reading that one aloud as well, but he couldn't stand the wait and would read ahead to himself. It was his first BIG THICK book that he was reading to himself. And we were proud. =)


to think how many wonderful worlds of words he has since devoured. =)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
pregnancy due date